CONTACT ME

samdiamond@hotmail.co.uk

Friday 16 October 2009

Timeless

Started to get a grip, after all these years, of what I wanna play when I DJ. It's a mix of Grime, Dubstep, UK Funky, Hip-Hop, UK Garage, Wonky, B-More Bass and it rolls at about 134 BPM usually. I have a fun time with this.

I've started producing a bit more recently, still very shit but if you wanna hear a tune which I don't completely hate, get it here. It's far from finished.

In other news I was round Pariah's yard yesterday having a mix and there's a possibility he might be working with Trim. I know, right? Absolutely mad. Trim. Trimothy. Trimble. From the Isle of Dogs. Yeah, Mr Soulfood himself. No, not Trim Hinson. Pariah also has some mega exciting remix news in the pipeline which I don't really want to reveal, I mean I'll probably get sued by his label for the Trim thing so I can't risk any more.

Picked up the new Night Slugs EP, which is phenomenal as well as a very well cut piece of vinyl, which is more than can be said of Hyph Mngo by Joy Orbison and Timeless by SBTRKT, which were the other two tunes I picked up. Wet Look on the Hyph Mngo 12" skips, deeming it unmixable, and the SBTRKT tune is really quiet at the start and just sounds a bit warped at any time the drums drop out. Sort it out cutting factorys. All the tunes are amazing though, so I can't really complain.

One of my decks is broken.

This is Timeless by SBTRKT. It's a reworking of Goldie's Inner City Life.




This on Saturday:

No comments:

Post a Comment