CONTACT ME

samdiamond@hotmail.co.uk

Tuesday 13 October 2009

Blunted Robots

I really cannot wait for the next Blunted Robots release. I've played 001, the Martin Kemp/Mickey Pearce release, pretty much to death. Next up is a complete 12" from Mickey Pearce, which you can hear at the Blunted Robots MySpace. The Blunted Robots crew are pretty much the most exciting label in Bass music right now, along with Hessle Audio and Night Slugs. Every tune I've heard that's affiliated to any of these guys (Brackles, Shortstuff, Spamchop...) combines these really scattered rhythms with some silly bass pressure, demonstrating what UK Bass has always been about: a fusion of elements from various genres which combine to sound both forward thinking and undeniably danceable. I've played loads of tunes by these guys every time I've played out and they've gone down a treat. Also this picture, taken by Braiden, a phenomenal selector in his own right, is pretty cool:

No comments:

Post a Comment