CONTACT ME

samdiamond@hotmail.co.uk

Sunday 11 October 2009

Deadboy/SRC

Another artist from the Future Garage/Funky contingent has caught my ear recently - South London's Deadboy. Batting around journo terms such as Future Garage seems a little bit ridiculous, but I think what he does most closely fits these terms, with the exception of the hiphop style tunes on his MySpace, so really it's probably better to call it 'Bass' and settle for that. I think he's from my ends in Kent but don't quote me on this, it could as easily be someone completely different but no matter what the background to this is, he really has tapped into something fresh here. Forthcoming single 'U Cheated' (see below) has been bashed about by Oneman recently amongst others and carries the kind of special energy through the live drum samples and sense of melody which is genuinely very exciting. I should be getting a promo to review for Inverted Audio soon. Check this out:



Another dude that's been killing it recently is pseudo Grime producer
SRC. His stuff kinda sounds like if Zomby did really heavy grime with that video game sample feel which I'm really into. There are some videos he's posted on YouTube of him making beats with an MPC, which I obviously love. Everytime i see a producer rockin an MPC it gives a a big smile. I can't put into words how much i love them and SRC really does them credit. Here's his Mario-sampling track, Goomba:

No comments:

Post a Comment