CONTACT ME

samdiamond@hotmail.co.uk

Sunday 28 March 2010

R.I.P. Rhythm Division

This weekends sets were a bit up and down. Friday my set was cut to half an hour after someone ran over, then one of the needles skipped every 5 seconds, meaning I had to play off one deck and change record as quickly as possible. In one of the silences between tunes someone shouted 'you're shit'. Fair play, I was but it wasn't really my fault. I was so stressed after an awful gig/being rushed out of a tiny DJ booth by this idiot who was setting up his laptop to play nothing but dull, 2006 boyz noise electro that I left my headphones behind. I doubt I'll see them again.

In contrast the following night at the Rhythm Factory I played a pretty good set of really dark Drum & Bass/house and garage on a huge rig, albeit to not many people. In one of the quiet bits in a tune someone shouted 'GWARN SAM'. I have no idea who it was - noone that I knew. Other highlights were some guy going mad for Footcrab and the bouncer giving me a high five when I thought he was gonna come up and get angry at me. More sets like this please. As always email me at samdiamond@hotmail.co.uk for bookings.


Currently caning the Elijah & Skilliam Fact magazine mix. I know I keep going on about these guys but they really are doing something special and out of all their mixes this is my favourite, which really is saying something. So many exclusives, all of which are incredible. Fiyah from start to finish. Download it from FACT's site here.


In other news one of my favourite record shops, Rhythm Division in Bow, has closed its doors for good. No idea where I'm gonna get my Grime now. A truly sad time.

No comments:

Post a Comment