CONTACT ME

samdiamond@hotmail.co.uk

Wednesday 2 September 2009

Carnival ting



Went to FWD>> Sunday, Alexander Nut absolutely rocked it, started with some wonky kinda hip hop bits and then played some Zomby and the Loefah mix of Jah War, which i was pretty happy about as I've been revisiting it for the past few weeks. It was amazing on the Plastic People soundsystem.

Next up was Pangea Vs. Untold. They opened with a remix of Islands by The XX, a favourite band of mine recently, their self titled debut is set to be one of the highlights of the year. I'm not sure who's mix it was, it sounded like Untold with his trademark huge bass hits but I might be wrong. Rest of the set was made up of a lot of unreleased Untold and some Pangea bits here and there.

From here I caught Dekheads at Catch, not my kinda thing, mostly just fidget house bits, but my man Doop dropped a mix of Nirvana and we all had it out for a bit. I was a bit drunk by about 1 and decided to go back to a mates flat to stay fresh for carnival business the next day.





I have no idea why I haven't been to Notting hill carnival before. It is pretty much the best thing in existence: Loads of huge homemade soundsystems playing Reggae, Dancehall, Dubstep, Grime and whatever else; jerk chicken and Red Stripe. We tried to get in to the Mad Decent party but failed in epic fashion, so eventually found a grime system where POW! got (surely) a record 6 rewinds. Was a bit worse for wear again so struggled home, as every tube station for miles around was closed.

Playing B2B with Doop warming up for Tomb Crew at El Mono tonight...should be interesting. Waiting some records in the post, really hope they get here so I can play them out later.

1 comment:

  1. Any idea who the xx remix was by? If it's from anyone on hessle I gots to hear that shiit!

    ReplyDelete